November 15, 2009

Heed the Signs

Here’s one easy way to tell that it’s the offseason ...

When I’m in training mode, encountering a situation such as the one below on my way to work wouldn’t represent much more than a simple annoyance and delay. Nowadays, I look at events like this differently:


I figure that a giant donut truck didn’t just happen to be there blocking traffic right in front of the donut shop on a morning when I was hungry and craving a donut; it must have been a sign. Like, from God or something. Being as religious man, I interpreted the sign thusly: God really wanted me to stop and have a donut. Being a faithful man, I made sure to take this sign seriously.

And so I did: I pulled the car over, ate a big ol’ apple fritter, and continued on my way. Didn't even think twice about it. Best of all, I didn’t have one moment of remorse.

Sometimes the off season is a wonderful place to be.

7 comments:

mindy 11/16/09, 3:45 AM  

God DID want you to have a donut. You did the right thing Donald. Mmm, and apple fritter, too - good call!

justrun 11/16/09, 6:02 AM  

Indeed it is! Well done!

Annette 11/16/09, 7:13 AM  

Well, that's one way for a company to advertise! It worked on you. :)

You crack me up!

Dave 11/16/09, 10:01 AM  

I'm diggin it...since Palo Duro, I can't phathom going on a 4 hour training run...just can't do it...

Darrell 11/16/09, 7:00 PM  

Too, too funny. At least there's some apple in the apple fritter.

shel 11/17/09, 1:45 AM  

if you are only allowed donuts in the off season.. i must be in the "off season" year round.

Rainmaker 11/18/09, 8:42 PM  

Awesome, pure awesomeness.

Is it a problem if I follow the truck to Dairy Queen too? Or is that considered 'blocking'?

Related Posts with Thumbnails

  © Blogger template The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP