GU Giveaway Winners; New Jack Johnson Single
I'm keeping things brief today, basically as a placeholder before a longer review tomorrow, and as an announcement of winners from the weekend's GU giveaway. So ... GE Anderson and Sara, e-mail me at info@runningandrambling.com - you've won the GU samplers! Thanks to everyone who entered, and to GU for providing the product.
And so the rest of you don't walk away completely empty-handed, I'll share one more thing our family - my 8-year old daughter and me in particular - has been buzzing about: a preview of the new Jack Johnson single embedded below.
The song seems fairly cool, although a lot of JJ's stuff tends to seep into you over a long period of time, rather than grabbing you right out of the box - so time will tell how this one compares to our other favorites. Rather, the most immediate thing you'll notice is something my daughter said: Hey - Jack Johnson has long hair now!
So there you go: new Jack Johnson, now featuring longer hair. The album comes out June 1st - which is yet another reason that we're looking forward to summer.
Jack Johnson, "You and Your Heart" (click to play):
5 comments:
New appreciation for JJ after viewing a film about 1% for the Planet.
Of course, I thought of you!
i didn't know pete townsend played accordian [actually, i guess i did since they sang about it in "squeeze box"].
Have you seen the new tour poster? He's got the longish hair AND a beard in that picture. *sigh* I think most men look better with a beard, and this one is no exception. Scruffy Jack = adorable! But what's up with Zach Gill? For a man with a ton of personality as a live performer, he's looking decidedly un-sexy here, (and I don't think we can blame it ALL on the accordian). I've never seen him play with Jack though, so maybe it's the just difference between being the front-man vs.just the background-guy. Curious.
I liked the accordian - one can never get enough accordian.
Interesting, I put this on in the background while reading your 5K RR. Good stuff.
I've been listening to an Aussie band a bit lately that kind has some JJ flare to it - Angus & Julia Stone. My fav song is Jet Plane from their latest album. Good stuff...
Post a Comment