New Savory Gels from GU
Even though I knew that the GU company had been tinkering with some new flavors and textures lately, I was still a bit surprised to receive the following e-mail from my contact person today:
Berkeley-based GU Energy's flavors have drastically changed to encompass a line of full meals. Venison anyone?
Attached to the e-mail was a link to this page:
Sounds yummy, doesn't it? You've had a craving for some nice pimento loaf at mile 21 of a marathon before, haven't you? And who wouldn't enjoy a portable helping of liver and onions from time to time?
As for me, my tastes run a little more gamey, so I ordered a pack of Venison Vengeance for my next trail adventures. With any luck, maybe I'll ingest a bit of deer DNA to help me run uphill faster. One can hope, anyway.
I just love it when companies have a good sense of humor.
Berkeley-based GU Energy's flavors have drastically changed to encompass a line of full meals. Venison anyone?
Attached to the e-mail was a link to this page:
Sounds yummy, doesn't it? You've had a craving for some nice pimento loaf at mile 21 of a marathon before, haven't you? And who wouldn't enjoy a portable helping of liver and onions from time to time?
As for me, my tastes run a little more gamey, so I ordered a pack of Venison Vengeance for my next trail adventures. With any luck, maybe I'll ingest a bit of deer DNA to help me run uphill faster. One can hope, anyway.
I just love it when companies have a good sense of humor.
6 comments:
Mmmm...sassy sardine...that will taste great mixed with cytomax in that mile 21 belch.
HA!
April fools!
You got me to click out of Reader & come to your blog. That's the closest I came to being "fooled" today... Nice work! :)
Venison...that would actually be pretty cool!
I got the email, but didn't click the link... I've been burnt too many times!
Sad really!
Well, the fuel you need is basically sugar, so if they make it taste other than sweet, something's wrong.
Post a Comment