New Balance Minimus Trail Shoe Giveaway Winner; Random Shots of Beauty
It’s a good thing for me that this New Balance Minimus contest is coming to a close, because I was getting overwhelmed – in a completely wonderful way, of course – with the response to the shoe and the giveaway offer. So before announcing the winner, let me just say to everyone who stopped by: thank you very much for your enthusiasm over the Minimus Trail shoe. Clearly New Balance has something truly buzz-worthy on their hands, and the review and contest from last week were a terrific sight to behold for the company (to see such great customer feedback) and me personally (to draw in so many new blog readers).
And for one person, this post will be an extra terrific sight to behold – so without further ado … Dax (from San Diego): congratulations! You’re the winner of a new pair of New Balance Minimus Trail shoes. E-mail me your address and shoe size so I can forward it to my NB rep.
To everybody else: the New Balance Minimus Trail shoe is now available for $100 from TravelCountry.com, with the women's version available as well.
**
This weekend’s Random Shot of Beauty comes from the beginning of the week in Salinas:
The local community college pool where I go swimming, in a photo taken less than 24 hours after returning from our brief winter family vacation.
I mean, I know some people get a kick out of the snow and winter activities … but come on now. Is there really any better sight than a sparkling outdoor pool under blue California skies on yet another delightfully warm day in the middle of winter? Not in my book, there isn’t.
Needless to say, it felt good to be home.
Get updates as soon as they're posted! Click here to subscribe to Running and Rambling.
Check out the Running Life book for a collection of our most popular columns.
9 comments:
Quick question! I think I am going to buy a pair of these - but I know that in your original review of the road ones you promised a sort of build-up re: products (good, better, best) - were these BEST or just BETTER, and is there a different pair I should be getting instead?! I clicked through to the initial road-shoe review but still am not sure about this - sorry.
(I haven't done a ton of minimalist running, and suspect that as I am often running on concrete I will prefer to stay with something very much like this shoe rather than more minimal. But I have a specific race that I'm hoping to find the perfect shoe for: the Survival of the Shawangunks, which involves alternating legs of swimming and running. The Vibram shoes I have I truly can swim in - do you think it would be possible to swim in these or not? The answer "not" is not a deal-breaker, as they will still be very good for socks-free trail running; I was just wondering...)
http://www.sostriathlon.com/course
Nice picture, I am eager to hear the Trail Glove review compared to these. Thanks, even though I didn't win!
Woohoo, I just let out a cheer that woke my daughter up from her nap. Thanks for the contest, I promise to get the shoes as dirty as possible.
I like the H pool too--long course with no lane lines, when Patrick and Jim H were on deck. Ask Jim about the dead cat sometime--it's a (not very) funny story, if he can remember it.
-Kim Neill
was in Phoenix last week and ran into a guy that was running in a pair already. Said he really like them! Looking forward to getting a pair
knowing I probably wasn't going to win I picked up a pair this week. Only 3 runs in (2mi, 4mi, 10mi) and I can say so far they are GREAT. Better than I had hoped, super comfy, just enough protection from trail hazards with still enough feedback, great shoe.
Missed on this one :(. Why am I late? The show looks quite flexible but I personally think it falls short in the design section.
Anyone interested in the New Balance Minimus shoes should check with their local running specialty store. The company reps are visiting these stores and bringing shoes that you can take out for a test run before you buy!
Congrats Dax--wishing you many happy miles.
That pool is beautiful :)
Post a Comment