October 1, 2011

Random Shots of Beauty (Extended Kayak Version)

Since there aren't any burning topics on my mind this weekend, and no killer gear sales on my radar, and since I want to plunk this out quickly and get to sleep, we'll get straight to the Random Shots of Beauty. However, I'm happy to present an extended edition of RSOB this weekend, because I couldn't really choose which scene from today was cooler:


Perhaps the pack of sea lions taking over a nearby dock...



.. or the rafts of otters that my youngest daughter (the aspiring marine biologist) went completely nutty for ...



... or the crew of pelicans, who have to be some of the most fascinating birds on the planet ...



... or this strangely artistic gathering of some other kind of waterfowl (I'm not much of a birder, obviously) on a line of wooden posts.

All of these were taken on our day of family kayaking at the Elkhorn Slough in Moss Landing, CA - one of those amazingly wonderful outings that always makes us think, Hey, this is practically right in our backyard ... why don't we do this sort of thing more often?

Incidentally, photo credits for all of these go to Grandma, because my standby running/blogging camera met a very untimely death recently. Yes, it's a sad (to me, anyway) story - but one that I'll wait to tell another time.



Get updates as soon as they're posted! Click here to subscribe to Running and Rambling.

Check out the Running Life book for a collection of our most popular columns.

1 comments:

Unknown 10/2/11, 5:19 AM  

Beautiful pictures. I especially enjoyed the one with the birds on the wooden posts...it made me chuckle a little!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

  © Blogger template The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP