August 19, 2012

Leadville in RunAmocs


Mission accomplished at Leadville!  I finished the race in 28 hours and 33 minutes. 


So apparently it probably helps to do some altitude training for this race; Hope Pass absolutely kicked my butt – twice – but otherwise there were no major crises, and the event was completely awesome.  Full details to follow in the next week or so.

You may recall a photo like the one above after last year’s Tahoe Rim Trail 100; the difference is that this time around the moccasins of choice were RunAmoc Dash Lites, which have probably overtaken the Original Lites as my moc of choice for ultras.  I may go into details at some point, but for now all I’m looking to do is hit the bed for a nice long nap.

On that note, since I’m a little goofy from about 40 hours without sleep, here’s a picture of me and a llama at the aforementioned Hope Pass:


And if you’re wondering – yes, the llama will make the race report, too.

Get updates as soon as they're posted! Click here to subscribe to Running and Rambling. 
Check out the Running Life book for a collection of our most popular columns.

17 comments:

Yo Momma Runs 8/19/12, 2:38 PM  

You definitely earned that buckle! Congrats and can't wait to hear more!

Juls 8/19/12, 3:15 PM  

Congrats and Sweet Dreams!

Jeff Gallup 8/19/12, 6:17 PM  

Congrats! Rest up... look forward to the details!

Akemi,  8/19/12, 7:46 PM  

I was telling my sister about the guy I don't actually know from the Internet running Leadville. I was so pleased to see you'd done it. Congratulations! I'm looking forward to hearing the full report.

Karen C,  8/19/12, 7:56 PM  

Congrats! Looking forward to hearing more.

Andy 8/19/12, 7:58 PM  

CONGRATULATIONS!!!

You and the Llama are both ANIMALS!!!

Peace and Love,

Andy

Michael Shane Helton 8/19/12, 8:36 PM  

To be exact: 28:33:02.97


Way to go Mountain Man!

ZeFreds 8/19/12, 10:39 PM  

Faith works!
You knew it in your guts that you had that race in you.

CONGRATS!

Tucker Goodrich 8/20/12, 3:47 AM  

Awesome. Congratulations. Can't wait for the race report.

Tobias H 8/20/12, 7:10 AM  

Woohooo! Congratulations! And, what a bonus: Posing witha llama. Very cool.

PepeLp,  8/20/12, 8:17 AM  

Congrats! That's a hell of an accomplishment.

cody r.,  8/20/12, 9:52 AM  

congrats and major props for finishing another race like this, i don't see myself ever doing one of these, not necessarily cause i couldn't train for it, but rather, it would REALLY bother me not being able to sleep for 28 and a half hours

Stephen Boulet 8/20/12, 11:06 AM  

The llama's the one with the long ears, right? Congratulations!

SirWinstonPit,  8/20/12, 4:58 PM  

Congrats!!

Ric Munoz 8/21/12, 2:59 PM  

Hail! Hail! The Conquering Hero! Congratulations, Donald - bravo!

the runner 8/22/12, 6:36 AM  

Good work at Leadville!

Ed 8/22/12, 2:00 PM  

Congrats on your accomplishment!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

  © Blogger template The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP