October 7, 2012

Random Shots of Beauty


It’s late on Sunday night, which means it’s still technically the weekend, which means I’m just barely in time to post a Random Shot of Beauty:

(click to enlarge)


The Virgin River winding through the valley below The Watchman at Zion National Park, as seen earlier this evening at the end of a 12-hour driving session.  Which also explains the late post.

The first time I was at Zion, it was a whirlwind one-day tour that gave me a sense of just how magnificent this place is – and it also made me realize that one epic run isn’t sufficient to take it all in.  So this time around, I’m doing a couple of things differently …

1)   I’m leaving a bit more time to explore some areas of the park I didn’t get to experience the first time around, and …

 2)  I’m sharing it with my family.  Because places like these just seem meant to be appreciated with others.

Needless to say, posts may be somewhat sporadic for a while, but I actually do have an agenda of unrelated topics penciled in, so we’ll see what I can do.  I also want to put together at least a couple of Zion photo tours at some point, but in the meantime my trip here might be presented in periodic snippets.  I really don’t know, and it’s honestly the farthest thing from my mind.

More importantly, it’s autumn in Zion, and my family and I have wondrous places to explore.  Happy trails!



Get updates as soon as they're posted! Click here to subscribe to Running and Rambling. 
Check out the Running Life book for a collection of our most popular columns.

4 comments:

Ed 10/9/12, 11:12 AM  

Wow that is an amazing shot, would be hard not to stop and stare for hours!

Mary (aka Gydle) 10/14/12, 12:54 PM  

This was so cool! thanks for the tip abou the contest, too Donald. Here's my entry:
http://www.meetthemoment.com/moment/view/mary-p#email-link

Mary (aka Gydle) 10/14/12, 12:55 PM  

oops I put this on the wrong post!

kole 10/15/12, 1:06 PM  

Shots like this are what inspire me to run and hike. The beauty you can find is absolutely stunning.

Related Posts with Thumbnails

  © Blogger template The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP