VivoBarefot Evo II Winner; Random Shots of Beauty
Before we get to the big announcement of our VivoBarefoot Evo II winner, let’s do a quick status report to make sure everyone’s up to speed on other contests that are underway …
1) Keep sending me your best winter running photos and short stories for entry in the La Sportiva Crossover GTX, Wildcat GTX, and hobnail kit giveaways. I have to say that I'm pretty impressed with the early batch of entrants; some of you guys (and girls) are extreme, and I mean that as a compliment. One photo is all it takes to enter for the grand prize, but multiple entries will be considered for the weekly hobnail giveaways. Send your photos and stories to me here.
2) You’ve got until 5PM Tuesday, December 7th to enter the Drymax trail running socks giveaway. Entry is a breeze – just leave a comment after the post, and check back later to see if you’ve won.
With that out of the way, we’ll move on to the topic of the day: picking the Evo II winner. After counting up all the comments and multiple entries in sequence on a spreadsheet, I ended up with a range of 1 to 301 that I plugged into the random number generator. To ensure that there was no bias with this one, I'm posting the following screen grab of my spreadsheet, along with the winning number chosen from random.org:
So our winner is Mowgli, who triumphed with a single entry - which somewhat dispels the notion of having an advantage with multiple entries (but if it were me, I'd want more than one entry, too). Mowgli, send your address and contact info to me at info@runningandrambling.com, and I’ll get you in touch with my VivoBarefoot rep who is sponsoring the contest. Congratulations!
To everyone else, remember that both the Evo and Evo II are available for 20% off using the coupon code RREVO at checkout. Stay tuned next week (by subscribing, preferably) for another VivoBarefoot giveaway, and thanks very much for participating.
*
And since today also happens to be lottery day for the Western States 100, this weekend’s Random Shot of Beauty is taken from that course:
Wish me luck in the lottery – whether it's the good or bad variety is open to interpretation.
[**UPDATED: I didn't get in. Maybe next year.]
Get updates as soon as they're posted! Click here to subscribe to Running and Rambling.
Check out the Running Life book for a collection of our most popular columns.

2 comments:
Congrats Mowgli!!
Did you get in Don?? That scenery is glorious. I would love to live close to trails like that :)
Have a great weekend!
Contests to mowgli. For someone looking to get a pair of evo's at the biggest discount I found a 25% off code at http://barefootrunninguniversity.com/2010/10/29/terra-plana-vivobarefoot-evo-ii-review/ .
Post a Comment