Random Shots of Beauty (Bonus Edition!)
One reminder before our regularly scheduled programming: if you somehow missed it earlier in the week, be sure to check out my Merrell Barefoot Trail Glove review, and enter for your chance to win a free pair.
*
This weekend's RSOB comes from very familiar territory:Sunrise over Fort Ord, in the early miles of a long midweek training run. These are the kind of scenes that are worth waking up early for.
But wait - that's not all! This weekend you're getting some bonus Random Shots of Beauty, courtesy of my two daughters and their elementary school art show that took place this week. The first one is from my 1st grader, who is enamored with sea otters and wants to become a marine biologist someday:It's called An Otter in the Ocean; simple, straightforward, and pretty much what we'd expect from her.
Her older sister had similar aquatic theme:Asked for the title, she replied, "Um ... it doesn't really have a name." So we'll just agree to call it Untitled.
*
One last administrative note: I'm off to Yosemite for a few days, and hoping to have a couple of posts robo-published here in my absence - but if for some reason there are technical difficulties, please stand by until we get officially rolling again at the end of the week.
Get updates as soon as they're posted! Click here to subscribe to Running and Rambling.
Check out the Running Life book for a collection of our most popular columns.
4 comments:
beautiful art work!
Wait, did you just say she wants to become a marine biologist?? Pretty sure I'm going to have to hang out with your daughter at some point just to learn more about what I was like as a child. I predict she grows up to be a teacher.
Have fun in Yosemite!! Hope you get to see the frazil ice!
http://youtu.be/9V9p4mFEYXc
Love the art :)
Hey, really great blog post… I've enjoyed reading through your blog because of the great style and energy you put into each post. I actually run AceHealth.org, a blog of my personal research and experiences. If you're interested, I would love to have you on as a guest blogger. Please send me an e-mail: bob.mauer65(at)gmail(dot)com, and I can give you more information. Looking forward to hearing from you.
Post a Comment