May 12, 2012

CLIF Bar Gary's Panforte Winners; Miwok 100K Video; Random Shots of Beauty

Forgive me if I'm still basking in the afterglow of last weekend's Miwok 100K just a bit - but my legs have been too blasted to to any legitimate training this week, and my mind is still in recuperation mode as well.  But I think I've got something kind of cool to formally close the book on this year's edition before moving on.

But first, let's take care of some business by announcing our CLIF Bar Gary's Panforte winners.  M. Louise Cunningham, Wes, and melodyfairitale: e-mail me your contact info - you've won the contest!  Thanks to everyone else who entered, and try to grab these bars from stores before they vanish in the near future.

*
Predictably, this weekend's Random Shot of Beauty comes from the Miwok course:


A cove just up the coastline from Rodeo Beach, as seen on the long climb up Coastal Trail at roughly mile 48 of last weekend's race.  Under different circumstances, I'd want to scale down the hillside and chill out on my own private beach for a while ... but on race day I had more pressing tasks to take care of.  So I guess I'll just have to come back here sometime.

*
Finally, there's this: a very cool on-the-scene video from this year's Miwok 100K, which mainly spotlights the male frontrunners, but also gives you a great perspective of what it's like to actually be on the course.  Videos like this have become a tradition for a group of hardcore Bay Area trail runners called The Endurables, who probably know these Marin County trails better than anyone - so well, in fact, that they're helping to stage what looks to be a killer new race there later this summer.

For now, enjoy the video, and the remainder of your weekend.

"Miwok 100K 2012" by The Endurables (click to play):



Get updates as soon as they're posted! Click here to subscribe to Running and Rambling.  

Check out the Running Life book for a collection of our most popular columns.

1 comments:

Running Mama 5/14/12, 3:13 PM  

That video was pretty awesome. I'm a newer runner and the most I have run is 6 miles at once. My hat goes off to you guys who completed the 100k. That's hard work!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

  © Blogger template The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP