Slacker By Numbers
Obviously we're not quite back to operational capacity
around Running and Rambling just yet; I could go into all the details, but I
suspect that would sound too much like complaining. Instead, I'll do a quick by-the-numbers
rundown as a status update of what's been going on, as well as a look ahead at
what's to come - and we may as well start with our customary Random Shot of
Beauty ...
5: number of weeks since I took this RSOB in Toro Park, a
place that used to be my training ground at least twice per week for the past
10 years.
0: number of times I've run in Toro Park since the above
photo was taken.
9: consecutive days I spent without running while dealing with
one of the most stubborn illnesses I've had in recent memory.
6: number of miles I was finally able to run one day last week ...
4 (and counting): number of days I haven't run since then. No, I'm not nearly healthy yet. Normally this wouldn't be such a lamentable situation,
if not for ...
11: weeks until I'll be on the start line of the Leadville
100. Yes, I'm beginning to panic. However, there's one bright spot ...
9: number of weeks that my kids are off school now, meaning
I have a bit more flexibility to squeeze in some extra mileage over the next
several weeks. Assuming I can get
healthy, that is.
See? It's easy for me
to get carried away with the kvetching. On to some better news ...
82: approximate number of seconds it took me to officially fell in love with the following skate video featuring Kilian Martin. I could tell you about the beauty and
artistry of the 4-minute clip - but trust me, it will be far better if I just
show you:
"Kilian Martin: Altered Route" (click to play):
2: number of skateboard videos I've shown here in the past 8
days. I don't think this reflects any
sort of trend ... although I'm still trying to spend a lot of time on a new pair
of Rollerblades that I'll be reviewing later this summer. I don't anticipate changing the masthead to Rolling and Rambling anytime soon,
though.
24: number of cool new CLIF Bars that will be awarded from my
website: 8 bars each to 3 winners after a new product review sometime next week. So hang in there with me; I promise there
are better times ahead.
Speaking of which ...
9: miles I hope to run tomorrow morning. Because Leadville doesn't really care if I've
lost my mojo lately - so I had better start building it back.
Get updates as soon as they're posted! Click here to subscribe to Running and Rambling.
Check out the Running Life book for a collection of our most popular columns.
4 comments:
Great video, but nothing compared to running something like the L100.
You get a lot of offtakes from that run?
-XC
Kilian is really good, but I still give the edge to Rodney Mullen. Kilian's style is choppy and seems a little too reliant on walls/fences/second skateboards/etc. Some of my opinion is because I grew up having my jaw dropped by Rodney for the last 25 years. Good video though.
"Because Leadville doesn't really care if I've lost my mojo lately"
Love it.
Great video. I grew up skating Lance Mountain Powell Peralta boards. I never was any good though. That video brought back memories of watching some of my childhood friends that were pretty good. Thanks!!
I'll have to look up some Rodney Mullen videos now.
Post a Comment