VIVOBAREFOOT Women's Evo 50% Off Sale; Random Shots of Beauty
Another weekend, another sweet sale announcement ... with an extremely cool opportunity if you're a female looking to test the waters of minimalist running shoes.
This week I reviewed the VIVOBAREFOOT Neo Trail shoe, which will most likely prove to be a "very good but not great" offering for minimalist trail running. The gold standard from VIVOBAREFOOT is their truly outstanding Evo running shoe, which I reviewed here and which I've worn with great success in several ultras.
The only drawback of the Evo is the price tag, which strikes many runners as too steep to take a chance on - but this weekend 50% of my readers can get a great deal on them. I've mentioned the membership discount site The Clymb here before, which is free (and easy) to join and periodically has major discounts on a small selection of items for limited-time basis. This weekend they're having a Labor Day Flash Sale, where you can save up to 70% on a limited variety of outdoor gear.
Of particular interest to me was the Women's VIVOBAREFOOT Evo which is currently offered for 50% below retail. I suspect the stock of these will vanish quickly, so if you want to grab a pair, get moving.

The sale on VIVOBAREFOOT and other Labor Day flash items expires on 9/6/11 at 9AM PDT. Happy shopping!
**
I had go a little bit out of my way for this weekend's Random Shot of Beauty, but it was worth the trip:
Sunlight penetrating the fog cover on the Tan Bark Trail in Big Sur, CA, where our family enjoyed a wonderful hike today. I hope to have a full report next week, but the planned posts are starting to stack up a bit around here ... so let's just leave it at that for now: I hope to.
**
In honor of an extended weekend, you get an extended Random Shot of Beauty as well. This one was taken by my friend Gretchen several weeks ago, but it brings back fond memories:
That would be me, running into a Lake Tahoe sunrise underneath a full moon on the second morning of the Tahoe Rim Trail 100. I stole the photo from Gretchen's wonderful report of the event, which she finally published this week, and is a must-read if you want a taste of why ultrarunners appreciate our sport so much.
Enjoy the weekend, everyone.
Get updates as soon as they're posted! Click here to subscribe to Running and Rambling.
Check out the Running Life book for a collection of our most popular columns.
1 comments:
I really do love that picture. It's not just that it was so beautiful. I think it's also what it captures for me about that point in the race. Somewhere around mile 90, I think? The pain is incredibly distressing, terrible, yet the knowledge that the finish is near also fills the runner with hope. It's such a strange emotional mix because you're already a bit sad that it's almost over even as you desperately want nothing more than to simply be done with the damn thing. Beautiful, horrifying, and hopeful. That's my take from my own races there, of course.
Post a Comment