April 7, 2012

New Balance Minimus Zero Road Winners; Random Shots of Beauty

Keeping things short and sweet today so I can jump right into another post slated for tomorrow night; trust me, you'll want to check back for it. Until then, let's knock out our scheduled items of business ...

Winners of the New Balance Minimus Zero Road contest are Sticks for the women's pair, and Stan (9run) for the men's pair.  E-mail me your contact info to claim your prizes.  Thanks very much to everyone who participated in the contest, and stay tuned for the New Balance Minimus Zero Trail review and giveaway post coming soon. And remember that you can find the Minimus Zero Road at TravelCountry.com, an affiliate partner where your purchases support Running and Rambling.

**
Our Random Shot of Beauty is an easy one, and continues the theme I re-introduced last weekend regarding springtime in Monterey County. Luckily, I had my regular camera with me this week ...


... so if you click to enlarge, you can see my son on his mountain bike down there (he's the blue dot), riding through a herd of sheep in Fort Ord. It's the kind of encounter that's happened so many times that neither one of them - my son, or probably the sheep as well - considers it even slightly out of the ordinary.



Get updates as soon as they're posted! Click here to subscribe to Running and Rambling.

Check out the Running Life book for a collection of our most popular columns.

6 comments:

Unknown 4/8/12, 5:55 AM  

congrats!!
again, I just want to say how lucky you are to be surround by such beauty. thank you for sharing it with us :)

Jeff Gallup 4/8/12, 2:45 PM  

Stan.. I told you that you were due for a win! Congrats!!

Adam B. 4/8/12, 6:55 PM  

Wish I had the opportunity to run through a herd of sheep! Thanks for sharing, and happy Easter!

Anonymous,  4/13/12, 10:14 AM  

i vote for #3

Dave 4/15/12, 5:51 PM  

Awesome photo! I'm new to the Monterey area. How do you get into this part of fort ord -- which trailhead? Thanks. BTW -- great blog. I ran across it through a google image search for Fort Ord. I'll be back.

Donald 4/15/12, 8:06 PM  

@Dave: It's on the "Goat Trail" that's closest to the Toro Park 7-11 entrance, if you know where I mean. Feel free to e-mail me offline to talk specifics or if you want to join me for a run sometime.

Welcome to Monterey, and to the blog. I saw you're a fellow Rush fan - very cool!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

  © Blogger template The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP