GU Island Nectars Roctane Giveaway!
All right, kanes and wahines, I’m back with an update on GU’s new Island Nectars Roctane I introduced a couple of weeks ago. And yeah ... we’ll go ahead and do this with a Hawaiian theme.
There’s a popular phrase of Hawaiian pidgin used to describe something delicious: brok’ da mouf. As in, This shave ice just brok’ da mouf, brah. You might also recall that GU’s initial press release described the new Mai Tai-inspired Island Nectars flavor as “frickin’ delicious.”
Shortly afterward, I received a generous makana (gift) from GU: my own supply of Island Nectars to try out – and since I was running the Firetrails 50 that weekend, the timing seemed no ka oi (perfect) for me to put them to the test.
| Gettin' my Roc on at Firetrails |
As for the taste: it’s not quite brok’ da mouf, but it’s definitely ono (tasty). It’s got a mildly tart and slightly salty tropical taste, like an island drink you’d order from a poolside bar. I think they might get difficult to stomach if you were taking one after another repeatedly, but interspersed with other flavors (my preference is typically vanilla or blackberry), it goes down quite easily.
Compared to other Roctane flavors, I’d rank it just behind vanilla orange, and probably tied with blueberry pomegranate. However, if you’re a fan of GU’s pineapple Roctane, the Island Nectars just might vault to the top of your list. But since taste is a subjective thing, that’s a decision you’ll just have to make for yourself.
So let’s get to the hau’oli (good news): in conjunction with this post, GU is giving away two more boxes of Island Nectars Roctane – one to each of two winners. These are still a pretty rare commodity on the market, so chances are you’ll be the first in your training group to try them. Leave a comment below by 5PM PDT Wednesday to enter, and I’ll announce two random winners on Wednesday night.
Mahalo (thank you) to GU for hosting this giveaway, and pomaika’i (good luck) to everyone who enters! I hope they break yo’ mouf.
Get Running and Rambling delivered to your inbox! Click here to receive new posts via e-mail.

54 comments:
I think I need a trip to hawaii and some island nectar gu!
These would be awesome for the Marine Corps Marathon. Count me in, please!
Count me in for an entry! Thank you so much!
Count me in, I'm always looking to try new Gu flavors!!!
I live in Hawaii but I still want the GU! :)
Count me in, I always like to try new Gu!
Sign me up please, Donald.
Sign me up!
I don't think we can get them in Canada yet, but would love to try them.
I was born in the Caribbean and love all tropical flavors- gotta try these!
Would love to give these a try. Love reading your reviews.
These are great. I'd love to win a few more!
Sounds promising. Sign me up!
Count me in. Thanks for the giveaway!
Would love to try out the new flavor.
Put my name in the hat, I use GU all the time!
Very cool. Mahalo to GU for keeping you in Gu & giveaways! :)
Would love some...thanks, Donald!
me me me!
I tried these on my long run this past weekend and enjoyed them. I'm always up for free gear!
Would love to try some while I work my way up to a full marathon! Thanks for the contest!
I agree with you - they're good interspersed with other flavors - blackberry especially! I'm using these on my last two long runs before CIM. :)
I'm a winner!
I've got Island fever and you hold the key to the cure.
I'd love to try them!
Eddy
Randomly select me, please.
I'm in, olease! I'd love to try them.
sounds delicioso! would love to be the first in my wv training pack to have a box of these treats! thanks for giving them out to us!
I hear an awful lot about these "Roctane" gels...and I think I'm officially at the point that I really want to see what all the hype is about. Is it made of rocket fuel? I need to find out, and I need a tasty Hawaiian flavor fix without the plane ticket :) Count me in!
P.S. the word verification I have to fill out for this comment has "goo" in it, so I'm looking at this as a good omen ;)
Need. More. Gels.
After a tough Chicago Marathon and a cool Minnesota winter coming I need something to brighten my day.
Thanks again, Donald!
This would be great to ad to my Gu experimentation. So many flavors, I'm bound to find at least a few I like, right?
I'd really like to try these! Sign me up! :-)
I am a sucker for all things Hawaiian themed.
Mmmmm. Gu.
GU roctane Island Nectar will do great with winter training coming up.
I'd love to try the latest and greatest! Thanks!
Gu me in!
Count me in!
I wish I had a clever response, but I don't. I'll just have to thank you for hosting such a great giveaway!
Island Nectar sounds tasty - Mahalo!
I'm in for some more GU.
Hopefully there will be guava or passion fruit coming soon!
It's my turn this time!! (okay, probably not:(
Thanks,
GU products are great...one of these days...
Jeff C
I grew up in HI and would love to try the new Gu... Thanks!
winner winner GU dinner
does it come with a little paper umbrella and a lime wedge? no? well, i'll try them anyway if i win :-)
Me, me me! *waving hands around* I've been eating these on long runs and really enjoying them. Wish they'd commit to making it a permanent addition to their lineup.
really got to try this new flavor !!
pick me, pick me...
I-Tao
Can't wait to try it!!
Thanks for the chance to win.
Aloha, I used it last weekend on my Ultra. It is my new favorite flavor...taste being a subjective thing. I needed something with a little island kick.
Would love another box!
I want some GU Nectar Roctane
Post a Comment